Why You Should Support Silent Tracks?
- You will join a diverse organization of like-minded recreationists who value the benefits of quiet, non-motorized activities and believe quiet places matter!
- You will have a strong and representative voice in shaping current and future year-round human-powered recreation use in the Gunnison Valley.
- As our membership continues to grow, the strength of our message expands in scope and influence and this enhances our ability to apply for and receive grants which will help further our cause.
- Motorized users have been well-represented in the Gunnison Valley for years. Now, the issues and concerns of ALL non-motorized, human-powered users will also be represented.
- Silent Tracks’ advocacy for the preservation of wild places and minimizing the environmental impacts of growth and development will drive discussions and long-term decisions on pertinent land management proposals to ensure future generations have opportunities for solitude and the ability to recreate in natural environments.
- You will receive newsletters with information on issues, upcoming events, opportunities to volunteer, and call to action alerts on relevant topics in the Gunnison Valley.
- Your membership dues and tax-deductible contributions help us pay for our operating expenses, maintain our website. provide educational brochures and materials, and support important projects such as the Data Collection Initiative (DCI).
- Quiet users will benefit from the vast and tested expertise of local and nationally based organizations aligned with Silent Tracks’ core values such as Backcountry Sports Initiative, Colorado Mountain Club, Winter Wildlands Alliance, Outdoor Alliance, Protect Our Winters, and others.